You must try this…
GREEK QUINOA TACOS RECIPE
YIELD: 6 servings
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
Quick and easy when using pre-cooked quinoa.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 oz.) Bush’s Black Beans, drained
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 cup tomatoes (preferably baby heirlooms) chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup kamatka olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in 3 cups cooked quinoa and the drained black beans. Cook for about 5 minutes, then turn down to low to keep hot.
- Prepare the “Greek salsa” by combining tomatoes, cucumbers, onions in a bowl with fresh cilantro. Season with salt to taste; add in the fresh cilantro.
- To make the sauce, place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin in a food processor. Mix until smooth. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the corn tortillas.
- On each tortilla, layer the quinoa and bean mixture with the Greek salsa, ending with the creamy avocado sauce on top.
- Fold in half and serve. Serve with lime wedges if desired.